The Office of Faculty Affairs & Faculty Development announces the recipients of the 2014 Gold Standard Award. The award recognizes them for their dedication, passion, vision and commitment to their work and to Upstate. The recipients are:
• Barbara Black, RN, ANP, MS, MA, College of Nursing
• Jayne Charlamb, MD, Surgery
• David Carter, MD, PhD, Neurosurgery
• Vincent Frechette, MD, Medicine
• Victoria Meguid, MD, Pediatrics
• Gary Nieman, Surgery
• Susan Stearns, PhD, Cell & Developmental Biology
• Howard Weinberger, MD, Pediatrics
Upstate In the News
Antonio Culebras, MD, was featured March 15 on Time Warner Cable News in a story about how Daylight Savings Time can impact your health. He was also quoted in a PR Newswire article March 11 article about World Sleep Day 2014. The article was featured in several media outlets throughout the country.
Richard O’Neill, PhD, was quoted in a March 9 CNYCentral news story about a lack of sleep being linked to several medical problems.
An article titled, The Person with the Diagnosis, by Glen Gabbard, MD, was published March 11 in Psychiatric News.
Jayne Charlamb, MD, was quoted in a March 14 Time Warner Cable News story about her study that looks at whether vitamin D reduces breast cancer risk.